I'm not sure if I love it or not... but that facts are the facts and there's no slowing time down. We're planning another wedding. That's fun!
As Allie (Laura's little girl)says it, "Andrea found her prince and she's getting married!"
We're super excited and love Kyle already. He's such a great guy and I've never seen Andrea so happy. That does a Mom's heart good.
I've been missing my Mom lots and lots lately. Not sure if that ever goes away.
In a few days it will be 17 years that I've missed her. I'm afraid the older I get, the more I miss her. Is that crazy? I just feel like I have more in common than ever with her. I remember Mom when she was 45. I remember her talking about turning 45. I just turned 45.
Of course since May is also the month we celebrate Mother's Day, that doesn't make it any easier. So this post is for you Mom.
Just look at the legacy you have left.
I do so wish you could be here to play with your grandkids. I know how much you loved that with my kids. And I would love nothing more than for you to be here to help in planning Andrea's wedding. She remembers you and you have a special place in her heart too. There is no doubt that you get to look in on us once in a while and I'm sure it gives you lots of happiness to see how we're all doing raising our little families.
You taught me so much...
Thank you for raising me in the Gospel, for teaching me truth, for having integrity.
Thank you for always being busy doing good, whether it was making little sandwiches for the weekly Relief Society Meetings, or making an extra dinner to take to a sister in need.
Thank you for teaching me to serve in my callings with all my heart by example. You never complained about any of yours and seemed to truly love each one.
Thank you for teaching me the value of being thrifty by doing hair for ladies in our home and sewing to make a few dollars here and there.
Thank you for teaching me to be honest by busting me lying to your face but making me suffer it out until the truth was just killing me inside. Then telling my Sunday School teacher about it so he had us (me and the boy involved) teach the lesson Sunday about "honesty". It's a lesson I'll never forget.
Thank you for teaching me that NOTHING is impossible for me to do (by example) when you figured out how to fix the washer and/or dryer, dishwasher, toilet, and any other problem that a house can have go wrong. I'm glad we didn't have the money to just call a repair guy because what I learned was invaluable.
Thank you for teaching me that family is the most important thing in the world and that the relationships that I want to spend the most time on are with those that will be with me in the eternities.
Thank you for being unselfish enough to have a big family. 8 kids is a lot and I can't imagine my life without my sisters and brothers... all of them!
Thank you for always trying to find something positive about your life or circumstances and for not complaining to everyone about the trials.
And thank you for all the times we laughed together! I love your laugh. Now it makes me cry every time I think about it but it's happy tears...always!
I love you Mom. I can't wait to see you again.




5 comments:
I couldn't relate more! I am so happy for Andrea and Kyle! I also find myself thinking a lot about mom lately. I too miss her more with each passing year. I love what you said about how she didn't complain about her trials to everyone. She gracefully took them, worked through them and learned from them. I am so grateful that as a child I had no idea what kind of stress our parents must of been under. What a blessing that they didn't allow their struggles to become their children's struggles.
Another wedding is such exciting news!
This post is beautiful. I too have been thinking about your mom a lot recently. She is a wonderful woman and her example shines through her children.
What a sweet tribute to your Mother, & quite the tear jerker. Very sweet post.
Wow...my glasses are fogging up!! This post is AMAZING!! You hit everything about Mom on the head. You brought back so many things that I totally forgot about and like Laura said...those words are SO TRUE!! Mom never, ever complained about "life" and I know how hard "life" is with 4 kids and I can't even imagine how hard it must of been for her with 8. We are so lucky that she took extra care to always make us feel secure and led us to believe that everything in her life and in our life was amazing!! I find myself missing her as I grow older too and seem to get so sad when I see a mom my age out and about with her mom...it makes me realize how unfair life is and it also just testifies to me that she was amazing and was needed for other things. I also feel that because she was taken so young with 8 kids left without a mom that it speaks volumes about the kind of mom she was to us...we can all handle anything we are dealt and that is the best feeling ever!! I love you sista :)
Thanks for sharing this. We're so happy for Andrea.
Post a Comment