That was the theme of our Citrus Heights Stake Youth Trek for 2011.
Each person wore a leather strap on their wrist with a name we wrote on it of either someone who has rescued us or someone we want to rescue sometime in this life.
This is a picture of our Stake Presidency.

Theron and I went as part of the Cooking Crew. We were cooking for 550 people.
It was hard work but so very rewarding.
I was amazed at the smiles and cheerful attitudes of all the kids and Ma's and Pa's.
They were so appreciative of us and the meals we fixed for them. It was extremely cold at night but there wasn't any complaining from anyone. They were happy to see a hot meal and get the energy they needed to accomplish that days work.
What an awesome experience!
Thomas and Sharon were a Ma & Pa in our ward. There were 4 "families" in our ward.

Chandler was in the Allen's family.

Chandler said he'd go on 5 more Treks if he could. Sister Allen told me what a huge help he was and that he always had a helpful and happy attitude about him. He was pulling the handcart almost the whole time. She had to beg him to let someone else do some of the work. I'm thankful that he's such a hard worker.
So yes, it was hard and exhausting but more rewarding than I have words for and I'd do it again tomorrow if I was asked. The group we had working with us at the Cook Camp all worked together so well and everyone got along great. It was a good group.
I feel so blessed to have been able to be there and participate in that great event.




No comments:
Post a Comment