I'm committing publicly to try harder to have FHE consistently. I always thought it would be easier when the kids were older. Boy was I wrong. They are all so busy and it seems we are constantly going in different directions. We've laughed about what the neighbors must think, seeing the cars coming and going at all hours of the day and night. Sometimes only pulling into the driveway for less than a minute. Someone runs into the house and someone else runs out. It must be very entertaining.
I follow Nie Nie's blog and she had posted that they watched this for FHE the other day. It is such a great message so this is what I plan on doing this coming FHE.
There is a time and a season for all things but I believe that the time to have FHE is constant. I encourage you all to try harder with me if you aren't having it regularly now. (you probably all are)
Baby steps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thanks so much for the reminder. I too thought it would be easier when they were older, NOT, now they are all gone and it is even harder with just the 2 of us. Although we are spending a ton more time together, are we really studying the gospel and powerful message it is? I too will try harder and baby steps is a great idea. Thanks, ps I really miss being around you just know that you are really loved. Let me know what I can do to help with this wedding. So exciting.
We are trying really hard to make it a habit now. Sometimes it feels really foolish as Joe and I try to have FHE with a 2 yr old and a baby. But we are making great progress. Allie knows what to expect and trys to hurry us along to get throught each step so that she can have dessert! Good luck! Try having your kids take turns being in charge, it may make it easier.
I have such a testimony of FHE!! I love it. In the beginning I put too much pressure on myself to have it run as perfectly as I had planned it. All this did was bring me frustration! The first year I was very organized....I knew exactly what we would do and talk about. Now, that it's a habit for us, I don't plan it in advance. Alan and I try to incorporate topics that came up with the kids during the previous week. I know that our family's are blessed when we do our best to follow this counsel of weekly FHE...I'm also a big fan of keeping it to Monday night. Sometimes this will require sacrifices, but isn't that the whole point?
Post a Comment