So the Little Girls are home. First I just had a cardboard box with newspaper to house them for a couple days until my super handy husband whipped up a fantastic Brooder for them. The girls LOVE it.
Can't believe how fast they grow! I thought our kids grew up fast but that was nothing!!!
They're all named and happy. So fascinating to watch them and see the different personalities already, at just 5 days old.
Here's the new Brooder box
And more pictures of some of the girls. Below is (left) Charlotte a Rhode Island Red and (right) Clara an Aurcana (Easter Egger). Clara is one of my favorite girls, she's super sweet.
This all black one below is Meg. She and Annie are Black Sex-Links
The black with the white head is Maggie. I think she's a Barred Rock. The guy at the feed store wasn't sure so we'll just have to wait and see.
I have 3 Aurcanas- Clara, Cinnamon and Caroline. 3 Rhode Island Reds- Penny, Charlotte and Ruby. And 3 Black (2 Sex-Links - Annie and Meg) & 1 Barred Rock named Maggie.
If you count 11 in the box it's because 2 of them are my daughter-in-law's. Sharon has Minnie, an Aurcana and Mouse, a Red. They have to stay under the heat light with the others until they're big enough to join their white chicken (Sheila) in her coop outside.
I'll keep you posted on the building of their big girl coop and more pictures. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit obsessed/ smitten with these little girls. It'll be fun to see them turn into little ladies. I am looking forward to having fresh eggs by the beginning of summer.




1 comment:
Chickens! Yay! You will love having eggs...they taste soooo much better! Have fun, can't wait to bring the kids over to take a peek.
Post a Comment