It's time to get some chickens. This is something I've wanted to do for several years now. It seems that recently it's also become a very popular hobby...though this is not why I'm doing it. You see, I want fresh eggs! I have always loved animals and feel like I'd be right at home living on a farm. My little back yard will have to do but I'll not put off having chicken's any longer.
I took a trip to our local feed store and fell in love with some fluffy little girls and my husband has promised that he'd build me a box to keep them warm and safe until they're big enough to go outside in their big girl coop (which we will also be building). I love this man but knowing how things work around here and that it goes right along with the saying "a shoemaker's kids have no shoes" I'll likely be purchasing the little girls BEFORE the starter box is actually made. That's okay, I have already gotten them a heat light and a cardboard box will do fine for a couple days if need be.
Here is a picture of the one at the feed store. There are actually 2 in the picture stacked on top of each other.
I'm sorry but $60? I think not!
My handy man can build one for us with what we already have in the garage! Nice huh?
And here is a picture of the coop at the feed store.
Ours doesn't have to look exactly like this. If you've looked around you know that there are a million and one ways to build a coop. This one is simple and functional so something like this will do the ladies just fine.
They won't need this until a month from now or so. I'll keep ya'll posted with pictures of my girls as soon as I get them home.
I'm so excited I have butterflies!
With me luck.
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Good luck with your chickies. Sounds like your really excited.
Post a Comment