Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just Call Me Grandma

My dear friend Wendi was able to drive me up to St. George for a little visit of our very first grand-baby.
I had heard how you're changed the minute you see a grandchild but I still wasn't totally prepared for that feeling.  I've been excited to be a grandma for a while now.  I knew as we had our children young that I wouldn't be really old when I first became a grandma so that isn't a big deal to me... I love it.
But I had no idea how much my heart would change the instant I saw him.  I can not capture the love in words.  What a precious gift.
Born August 11th  at 7lb 13oz and 21 1/2" is Corwin Matthew Cook.  Thomas and Sharon are such great parents.  Everything just comes natural for them.  To watch them with him you'd think he was their fifth child.
So here are some pictures of our sweet little man.
 The first picture is from the hospital but sorry the rest of the pictures aren't in order.

In this one you can see he's already getting some chubs.  This was the day before I came home.


 I love how he'd just lay there and look into my eyes.  So sweet.
 He's such a happy and content baby.  Hardly fussed at all.
 When I got there to see him he was 5 days old.

 I had fun making him a few blankets and burpies while I was there.  I love minky!  Looks like he does too.

 What a sweet little family

 And here he is the day after I came home.  Crazy how fast they change.  He's 1 week and 2 days in this picture.
I could just love on him all day long!  I'm having withdrawls from him already.  So excited for them to move back to Mesa soon.  My heart is full.

Thanks again Wendi for being so generous with your time and allowing me the opportunity to see Corwin so soon.  He'll grow so much before I get to see him again and those first few weeks are so precious.
I'm eternally grateful. You're such a sweet friend and it was a blast spending time with you.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

It was my pleasure and oh so great to watch you with him thanks for the memories!!!!!

Tamera said...

Congratulations on becoming a Grandma! He is such a cute little boy. I'm so glad you got to see him - I know how tough it is to live far from Grandmas.

Tate Family said...

what a cute little man!! I'm so happy that you got a chance to go visit... and that they are moving back this way:)