Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Baby Fun

I can't think of anything more exciting than the thought of becoming a Grandma in a couple months. You can know that I'll spoil him rotten! Here are some things I've been making for him. Of course all the ideas came from things found on Pinterest. Gotta love that. Here's the link for the bibs, click HERE to see how to make the Swaddle Blanket, and I made the puppy using McCalls Craft pattern M5642.
and also some cute lil' funs for other little people that I love... Jake, Marlee, Allie, Lucy... Click here for the "Chick-sicle"
and here for the bean bags.
She gives a really good tutorial on machine applique. I like my stitching to be closer though. You can see how close the stitching is on this picture.
Jake is way into puppies so I put a puppy applique on the backs of his bean bags.
And because I'm the mother of 5 and I know how messy all the toys can get I made little bags to keep their bean bags in when it's "clean-up" time. Sorry I didn't do a tutorial on them. They're about 10" x 11" finished. You can see how they're made by clicking here, just adjust the sizing so they're bigger.
I may or may not have had to embellish a couple of the bags... you know, just because. Aren't they so cute?!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

you are amazing. I am so excited for you to be a grandma, you will be the best. You are one talented lady and I love calling you friend.
Let us know when he arrives.

ps we found out a week or so ago that we are having a little boy as well in October......can't wait
that's 2 of each I love it.....

LaDonna said...

Oh Wendi! that's so fun :) Who's expecting? And by the way... YOU are the amazing, talented friend and I love calling you friend. I think I really, really need your help with Andrea's quilt. I have a mental block about it. Can't figure out how to make it bigger. I'll call you soon and see if you can talk me through it.