Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Think We're Going Private!

I copied this from my sister's blog because I think it's so important.
Please protect your family!!!
I read a blog regularly that I enjoy. (enlightenedhomemaker.blogspot.com) The woman is from the east valley and thinks a lot like I do in terms of healthy eating, having a simpler life, etc. Today her post made me sick. Please go to her site and read the post dated August 12th.
Please, please take your family blogs private. We don't want pictures of our sweet children viewed by sickos, and worse, posted on a sicko website. If you still want your blog public...please, please, limit the details regarding your neighborhood, daily comings and goings, etc. I've read things on the public blogs of friends that frankly scare the heck out of me. It's just too dangerous, this internet can be a blessing (the journaling, keeping in touch with friends) and also one of Satan's greatest tools. Protect your little ones with a good filter for pop-ups, (the K9 software will take over your blog's Follower's List...that's not ok with me, so I deleted it after I installed it. Who knows if it's legitimate). Your teenagers are at great risk because they have no idea of the evil that surrounds us and they are so trusting. This topic of "family photos" from blogs being found where they don't belong is becoming more prevalent. A few weeks ago I saw a story on a cable news channel of a lady who stumbled upon a picture of her son on Craigslist, under the adoption section. Of course, the website was a total money scam....they asked for a $300 deposit to start the paperwork, along with a picture of her toddler. The mom alerted the police. Can you imagine seeing a picture of your child anywhere on the internet except for the places YOU put it? Be careful out there.

I haven't made up my mind for sure. I may keep it like this and just be more selective about what I post and especially what pictures I add but still....

So...If you enjoy viewing our family blog and would like an invite so you can continue to access it when we go private, just email me. I would love for you to follow us and enjoy your comments very much (It makes us feel so loved!)
My email address is fivekidsand3labs@hotmail.com Let me know your name in case I don't recognize it from your email address. Thanks so much. Here's to being safe!

1 comment:

Vicki Johnson said...

I read about this too!