Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Could Like This Quilting Thing

So I started another project. I know, big surprise... thank you Pinterest!!!
Andrea wanted to know when I was gonna make her a blanket since I didn't do one for her for Christmas so I told her I'd make one for her birthday.
I chose this pattern to try only I'll make it big enough for a twin bed and I'm using a "layer cake" by Moda named "Ruby". LOVE the colors and prints and it's perfect for Andrea's spare bedroom.
Here's a sneek peek at the colors.


2 comments:

Wendi said...

I love that you are making quilts for your kiddos. They will treasure them forever. I tried that last year and Christopher is the only that ended up getting his. Cody's birthday is today and I was determined to get his finished, but oh no, not again, no time. I have started the machine quilting on it, but it is like restling a bear, so he will have to continue to be patient. I love the Ruby line, it is one of my favorites, I can't wait to see the finished project. You inspire me for sure. And by the way congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! Gotta love all these kids falling in love!!!

LaDonna said...

Wendi, YOU inspire me! and congrats on your upcoming wedding too! It is so fun isn't it.
Don't give up on those projects. I keep telling myself, there is a time and a season. AND I'm not always in the mood to work on them, sometimes I just want to work on stuff for me lol. They will treasure them for sure. I know because of all the quilts my mom and grandma made that I have.
I LOVE THEM~