I went to a funeral on Tuesday and when I got home, all the ornaments and lights were off the tree, garlands around the house were taken down, and the other decorations on the walls etc. were put away.
Sad...
I think since we put up the decorations and got a tree so late this year I just am feeling a bit shorted.
I'm not sure but I think we only had the tree for about a week and a half!
Not long enough if you ask me. It's still got some life in it.
I know, the kids want to take it out to the desert and have a bonfire with it but still, I haven't had enough time with it yet.
I LOVE looking at our decorated Christmas tree. That started when I was a little girl. I remember looking at Grandma Free's tree for what felt like hours.
I was facinated with the felt ornaments. In fact, when decorating our tree this year, I realized that I don't have nearly enough of them.
We used to get one tied to the top of our present from Grandma and Grandpa Free each year. This tradition didn't keep up for too many years because pretty soon there were SO many cousins!
I have 3 Snoopy dogs, 2 Santas and 1 Peach.
My kids each have one too with a little tag with their name on it from Grandma Free.
Anyway, I'm rambling but I've been thinking about those little felt ornaments covered in sequins and magic and I want to make a set.
I found out that Aunt Gin still has a copy of the patterns and she is going to send me a copy.
I'm so excited! It may sound silly but those little felt ornaments are so much a part of all of my Christmas memories.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
New Years is right around the corner. It's time to start thinking about the goals I'm going to set for 2010.




5 comments:
Those ornaments are so sweet. What a neat idea that Your Grandma did. I know what you mean about certain ornaments, the homemade ones are the most special to me. The kids love putting up the ones they have made with their picture on it.
Next year put your tree up in November like I do. That way the day after Christmas comes and you won't feel sad about taking it all down. I actually look forward to that day- it means a clean clutter free house again! And I am excited about making ornaments through out the year. I need to go to Zoe's trunk. They have Amy Butler felt- cute fun colors!!
Those ornaments are a physical reminder of her love. They testify with each sequins and magic of your grandmother’s love for you. I hope you do continue the tradition for your kids and grandkids.
I was sad when we took our tree down, too. I think it’s the thought process of moving forward and leaving the giving and sharing to die in the year that has pasted. I do have to admit the room looks less cluttered. I have a goal on sharing and giving through the year and not just around Christmas.
Thanks for sharing such a touching story.
That song is sad. I too, feel like Christmas just flew by way to fast. Anyway, your home looked wonderful during the Christmas season and I am so, so excited about the ornaments. Can't wait to make them.
We too love to put up our ornaments from Grandma. They are some of our absolute favorites as well. I am always amazed at the patience Grandma had which is so apparent when you look at all of the quilts, afghans, and ornaments that she made for her family!
Post a Comment