It was close to midnight when Thomas started talking "begging" for some chocolate chip cookies. After much convincing, Andrea and I started mixing the ingredients.
Andrea preheated the oven and we were in business.....we thought.
You see, my family (children) sometimes stash pans they don't want to wash in the oven. That's right, you guessed it. Time to put the pan of cookies into the oven when to my surprise, something is ON FIRE inside! A 9X13 pan with a plastic cover
are sitting on the top rack and the plastic lid is literally dripping down onto the bottom and on fire.
Well, we open windows, cool the oven, clean the plastic up, etc. In the meantime, a cup of milk gets knocked onto the kitchen floor adding to the mess.
I'm thinking, I need a picture of all of this for the blog so I get my camera, take a picture of Andrea, slaving away for the love of her brother. I then go to take a picture of Thomas who is laying on the couch texting some girls and that's when it happened...
My camera slips out of my hands, hits the floor and the lens which is in the out position gets tweaked to and is all jacked up.
My camera is dead and my kitchen smells like toxic plastic but my son got his cookies and all is well.
Nothing can make the pain go away quite like chocolate chip cookies.




4 comments:
I think that it's about time for Thomas to learn how to make cookies on his own... well if I were you, I would make each kid buy me a new pan everytime I came across a dirty one in my oven. I don't think it would take long before they would all get the hang of it. Glad to hear that you got cookies at the end of all your fun. Nothing is better than hot cookies!
Sorry, but that is too funny!! On our trip Heather said you texted her to check the blog on what happened that night, but we didn't have internet in the hotel and I was dying to know what happened, I just laughed out loud reading this-Tell Thomas he is such a BRAT!!
That is really funny...in a glad-it-wasn't-me kind of way. It's a good thing you got something gooey and chocolatey in the end!
This is some story, couldn't imagine it unless you live it!
Girl does Thomas have a camera you can borrow?
I do miss the photos!
Sorry about your camera. :(
♥
Post a Comment