Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The latest from The Oregon Portland Mission


Thomas is doing great! He's the Sr. Zone Leader in Lake Oswego. He is enjoying getting to know his new mission Pres. He says "President and Sister Dyches are awesome!"

August 2008
Elder Cook continues to do well in Oregon. He has been transferred to Beaverton and his companion is Elder Nate Risenhoover who is from Phoenix, AZ. They had become good friends at the beginning of the mission and are thrilled to be working together.
Elder Risenhoover will be coming home in a few weeks and is looking foward to working with Theron. The ward they're serving in recently had a fast for missionary work and it has truly paid off. They are busy with appts. and looking forward to teaching the people they are working with. This is what his last letter home said:
Dear Mom & Dad,
Things in Beaverton are good. I am getting pretty worn out with riding the bike on these hills. Other than that, everything is great. We talked to Sylvia, an investigator and we have an appointment set for Tues.!!! That should go good and we are excited. We also committed a family in the ward to have us over for FHE with several of their friends/neighbors.
The Fast we had last week for missionary work in the ward is paying off.
As a whole, this area is doing so much better. We took the opportunity to bear our testimonies on Sunday, which is always great to do. We had people come & thank us for doing so afterwards. It's nice to know someone is listening to you. lol-
So transfers are this week. We are getting 20! greenies in. That's a lot! I had a big group of like 9 or 10 before. We are all excited about that.
Elder Risenhoover is getting antsy about going home. I can tell he has mixed emotions like so many Elders do when they have so little time left.
The RAIN is coming back...& it's not gonna stop now till about the time I go home.
Well so everything is still going really good. I still miss you guys like crazy but I can't believe how the time is flying as I work hard and I love the work. Talk to you soon.
Love, Elder Thomas Cook

No comments: